Organisatie: AMBER Alert Europe
Aantal uren: 40 uur
Locatie: Beek (Limburg)
Vervaldatum: 01 jun 2018
AMBER Alert Europe. Never a dull moment. In this position, you support our Public Affairs Team to put AMBER Alert Europe on the European map even further, while expanding our community at the same time. This way you actively contribute to the fact that children’s lives are not only saved in the Netherlands, but throughout Europe. Unique, operational and strategic. These key features are what this position is all about and we want you to embody! Together with our Head of Strategy & Public Affairs, you outline the Public Affairs strategy for both Brussels and The Hague. Then, you and your colleagues take over.
In this international position you will meet tons of stakeholders: from politicians in Brussels and The Hague, to police officers, IT-companies, researchers, NGOs and international organisations. With your knowledge and experience you know how to ‘charm’ each and every one of them and hit your targets with ease.
What your day can look like
- You arrive at our office in Beek, Limburg, at 8.30 am (sometimes you will spend a day in Brussels or The Hague).
- You start writing a legislative proposal for the European Commission which you discuss an fine-tune with our Head of Strategy & Public Affairs. To do so, you contact several sources within AMBER Alert Europe’s Police Network for input.
- Furthermore, you look for subsidy opportunities for a new project and present your findings to our Head of Strategy & Public Affairs.
- You prepare for a conference call with a potential AMBER Alert Europe partner and write a short news item for the AMBER Alert Europe website.
- At the same time you continue scheduling meetings with MEPs for our founder.
- Before you go home you quickly create an outline for the presentation the founder will hold next week at an international conference.
Functie-eisen en profiel
You are eager to discover your ways around the political circles of Brussels and The Hague. You are a born networker - skilled at making and maintaining contact with stakeholders. You are extremely organised: you document all contacts and collect relevant information. You have no problem using this information to compile a powerful and clear letter, position paper or subsidy application. Often under a lot of time pressure and with little information. You are always excited and eager to aid the cause, even if that means getting up in the middle of the night for an AMBER Alert. Only if you are fluent in Dutch and English, spoken and written, you can succeed in this position.
- Have you completed European- /International Relations/ Communication studies (at least HBO
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in PR and PA
- Do you have excellent project management skills, are you stress resistant and can you perform well under pressure;
- You know your ways around social media;
- You speak and write Dutch (native)/ English (full professional proficiency)/ French (limited working proficiency) / German is a plus;
- Legal knowledge is a plus.
- A very interesting job in which you can contribute to saving children’s lives;
- A full time position (40 hours) with lots of room for creativity, new ideas and personal input;
- A competitive salary with many benefits including a contributory pension;
- Use of a gym to clear your head;
- A fun, ‘Google-esque’ workplace.
Informeren en solliciteren
Interested? We were hoping you would be and are (impatiently) awaiting your application! Send your resume, cover letter and several written pieces you are proud of (English and Dutch) to email@example.com stating PCGDN in the header of your email. We are looking forward to meeting you. An (online) screening can be part of the application procedure.
Acquisition in response to this job posting is not appreciated!
►Vacature ingevuld? Laat het ons weten via firstname.lastname@example.org, dan nemen we je nieuwe collega op in onze rubriek Movers.