Aantal uren: 28 - 32 uur
Vervaldatum: 22 april
ActionAid is a leading international organisation working with communities and local organisations in over 45 countries, supporting them to claim their rights and build a life without poverty and injustice. With our grassroots experience, we demand action from those in power at local, national and international levels to build lasting change.
Are you looking for a unique challenge in your next role? Are you an experienced fundraiser who wants to make a difference in the lives of people – particularly women - in developing countries? If so, we’d love to hear from you. At ActionAid, we stand with communities across the world in the fight against poverty and injustice. We’re now looking for a talented institutional fundraiser to help us develop winning proposals and expand our network.
You will be responsible for strengthening our fundraising, both by writing proposals and strengthening our relationships with donors and peers. Your responsibilities are:
- Design, implement and manage a comprehensive organisational fundraising plan for institutional donors;
- Proactively monitor funding opportunities and calls, ensuring that relevant staff is informed in a timely manner;
- Facilitate project design, coordinate proposal development and lead the writing process in cooperation with relevant programme and finance staff (both in the Netherlands and across the ActionAid international offices);
- Strengthening institutional relationships, including donors and peers, particularly for establishing consortia in relation to larger proposals;
- Mobilize and grow a network of technical and proposal development consultants.
Functie-eisen en profiel
Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys taking the lead and working with others. A strategic thinker with attention to detail, who has a flair for words and a strong affinity with our cause. To excel in this role, you need to be result-oriented, proactive and always have an eye on deadlines. You will have well-developed interpersonal skills (particularly working with stakeholders from different cultures and backgrounds) and a demonstrable ability to manage your time and projects.
The skills and requirements for this role are:
- A bachelor or University degree in relevant field;
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in International Development of which three years in institutional fundraising;
- Experience in developing winning institutional applications (EU, Ministry of Foreign Affairs) .
- Ability to effectively coordinate the development of (complex) funding proposals with the input of multiple stakeholders;
- Proven competencies in relation-building with institutional partners, peers, funding agencies, embassies and other influential stakeholders;
- Background in reporting and quality assurance of complex international projects;
- Ability to apply ActionAid’s human rights-based approach and feminist principles to proposal development;
- Proficiency in English and excellent writing skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of scoping tools, funding mechanisms and overall opportunities in the development sector.
- You have a lasting work permit for the Netherlands
- This is an exciting role in a small team for a dynamic international development organisation.
- You will be committed to helping ActionAid achieve its goal: to end the inequality that keeps people locked in poverty and claim their rights.
- You will be working in an engaging environment with space for initiative and development.
- We offer a one year contract for 28-32 hours, with the intention to extend.
- The ideal candidate will start as soon as possible but no later than July 1st.
- The salary, dependent on the level of knowledge and experience is max. € 3500,- gross per month (based on 36 hours).
- We offer an additional year-end allowance and good pension plan.
Informeren en solliciteren
Send your letter of motivation and CV no later than April 22th by email to Iris Frequin, email@example.com. For further information please contact Linda Fokkema, Head of Programme and Partnership Development (a.i.) You can reach her by phone: 020-5206210 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will take place in the week of May 7th.