Organisatie: Oxfam Novib
Aantal uren: 36 uur
Locatie: Den Haag
Vervaldatum: 7 augustus
Oxfam Novib is a leading, global development organization that mobilizes the power of people against poverty. The Institutional Funding and Donor Relations Unit is looking for:
Institutional Donor Account Manager
EU/ Humanitarian Donors
Location: The Hague
36 hours a week
EU/ Humanitarian Donors
Location: The Hague
36 hours a week
The position operates together with internal and external stakeholders and is considered specialist on European Union and Humanitarian Donors. The position reports directly to the Manager Institutional Funding and Donor Relations.
To support the organisation in maintaining and increasing its work Oxfam Novib sets ambitious growth targets on income. The Institutional Funding and Donor Relations unit in The Hague is a team of dedicated institutional funding and compliance experts that are supporting the organization in reaching its ambitions through effective engagement and partnership building with its institutional donors whilst safeguarding compliance.
As an Institutional Donor Account Manager, you will deliver professional services to optimize institutional donor funding, partnership development and cooperation through identifying, sharing and coordinating institutional donor intelligence, networking and strategic engagement and positioning.
IFDR is presently looking for the following position:
Non Home Donor Account Manager European Union / Humanitarian Donors – account manager for the EU, specifically but not limited to DG DEVCO and ECHO and Humanitarian Donors (UN agencies, Confederation back donors, etc.)
This position is working in close collaboration with the Home Donor Account Manger European Union working specifically on the EU DEV (specifically but not limited to DG DEVCO and DG NEAR). Together they form they focal points of these donors for Oxfam Novib and the Oxfam confederation.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- (Pro) actively identifies funding opportunities with the institutional donor for our programmes. You will do so by show casing and sharing expert knowledge of the donors’ funding modalities, and concrete funding opportunities, ways of working, policies, strategies and planning cycles to the organisation and countries in which we operate. As such you will guide teams at The Hague and country level to maximise and prioritise the upcoming opportunities for the Donor you are responsible for;
- Builds up and maintains a network of contacts and partnership relations with the donor and other related potential partners. As such you (pro)actively identify and influence new and innovative cooperative opportunities with the donor, also by ensuring that full use is made of Oxfam’s project and advocacy portfolio, as well as other related material available for external sharing. You are also expected to keep Oxfam teams up to date with trends and other related information gathered through your partnership engagement and you represent Oxfam Novib with this donor;
- Income growth. You advise and support the organization in meeting and exceeding its institutional donor funding target;
- You advise countries and implementing units on funding strategies as part of their business plan as well as developing an up to date funding strategy for the Donor you are responsible for;
- Oxfam Novib operates within a larger confederation. As such you will coordinate institutional funding initiatives within Oxfam Novib and wider Oxfam and when applicable with other NGOs and participate in meetings when required;
- In your specialist role you participate in the organisation and Oxfam’s wider confederation on Institutional Funding related issues (policy, framework, service) and take a leading role at times;
- Quality and compliance. You provide expert advice to the countries and HQ implementing units as to how to adhere to donor requirements in regard to donor fund applications and project management and to maintain up-to-date knowledge and relationships with the donor agencies. You also provide (donor compliance) quality and risk assessment advice of specific donor submissions and reports to senior management/Directors of specific submissions and reports to donors in collaboration with the IFDR compliance Unit;
- You are flexible and able to provide support to other Accounts (Dutch Home Donor, Nordic, Humanitarian, Oxfam confederation donors on needs basis).
Technical skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- At least a HBO (Bachelor) degree relevant to the function;
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar position in an international organisation;
- Good knowledge of and experience in institutional fundraising for NGOs from institutional donors;
- Proven knowledge, fundraising and contract management experience with the donor account. Proven examples of working with and raising funds from the donor account as well as experience with its rules and regulations is a prerequisite for this function. When applying for a specific account position proven experience is required with: Home Donor account EU/ECHO/ Humanitarian Donors– especially but not limited to DG DevCo (grants) and ECHO
- Broad and extensive knowledge of project and programme management preferably gained through experience in the field or through regular missions, as well as experience and knowledge of Project Cycle Management, including monitoring, technical and financial reporting;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritise, meet deadlines, and hold self and others to account;
- Proven experience in representing an organisation to institutional donors at senior level. Strong networking, representational, and negotiation skills;
- Experience in providing training, including from a distance, preferably on institutional funding related issues;
- Good communication skills , with proven ability to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including from a distance;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken. A reasonable command of French is a strong asset.
- Regular travels abroad (Brussels and Country Offices) are expected for this position.
The key competencies for this position are:
Result orientation, Co-operation, Planning & Organization, Customer orientation, Creativity and Enterprise.
Oxfam Novib provides you with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donor. We offer a gross salary in the range from € 2.719,-- to € 4.183,-- on the basis of a 36 hour working week. This is excl. 8% holiday allowance. The contract will be for a period of 1 year with the possibility for an extension.
Please submit your application via the 'apply' button and include your motivation letter and CV. Your application must be received by August 7, 2018 at the latest. Please note that only applications received using the link provided can be taken into consideration.
For more information about the position you can contact Julien Marx Julien.Marx@oxfamnovib.nl.
For more information see: www.oxfamnovib.nl
►Vacature ingevuld? Laat het ons weten via email@example.com, dan nemen we je nieuwe collega op in onze rubriek Movers.