Organisatie: Plan Nederland
Aantal uren: 35 uur
Vervaldatum: 19 augustus
Plan. Girls first. Plan is an international child-centered development organization contributing to achieving equal rights and opportunities for girls and improving the living conditions of girls and boys in both development and humanitarian contexts. Plan strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Because every girl and boy has the right to be healthy, educated, protected, valued and respected in their own community and beyond. Plan is active in 71 countries, of which 54 developing countries in Africa, Asia, the MENA region and Latin America. Here Plan works to ensure that girls and boys know their rights, and have the skills, knowledge and confidence to fulfil them. This approach inspires and empowers children and communities to create long-lasting change.
For our international Humanitarian Department we are looking for an Institutional Fundraising Officer for Humanitarian Programmes. Plan Nederland has recently enlarged its humanitarian team and portfolio and we’re looking for a strong and experienced Institutional Partnership Officer for our humanitarian programmes department. As Institutional Partnership Officer Humanitarian programmes your first objective is to secure, intensify, and increase the collaboration with Institutional Donors. Your main task are: Acquisition, proposal development coordination (including writing proposals, leading calls with alliances, supporting the country offices with proposal development and preparing and coordinating bids), reporting, maintaining the donor relationships and ensuring compliance. In the humanitarian team you will work closely with the humanitarian thematic specialists and programme implementation officers and the Manager humanitarian programmes. Additionally you will work with the Institutional Partnership department, Marketing and Communication and Corporate Partnership departments. You will be based in Amsterdam, with regular field visits to the Country Offices in the Plan program countries (for project design and start up workshops and on-going monitoring, donor relationship building and maintenance) The position is for one year with possible extension.
- Development and coordination of humanitarian programme proposals, including the coordination and conducting of needs assessments;
- Field visits to Country Offices to prepare and support proposal development for a variety of donors (in particular for ECHO);
- Grant management;
- Ensuring compliance with all donor requirements (such as ECHO, MoFA) and related commitments and build the capacity of colleagues at national and country office level on institutional donor compliance and proposal development;
- Keep track and organize the response of funding opportunities
- Program monitoring and evaluation, this includes process, finance and content;
- Ensuring that gender is mainstreamed in all our humanitarian programs;
- Plan and shape resource mobilization around specific geographical context and thematic areas.
- Supporting the National Office in developing, shaping and implementing our humanitarian strategy and representing Plan in the Netherlands and abroad by attending meetings and conferences.
Functie-eisen en profiel
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in humanitarian fundraising (ECHO, MoFA, and similar donors), fields based experience with implementing/managing humanitarian programs is required;
- 2 years professional experience with multi-partner and multi-country programme proposal development.
- Excellent coordination skills, with a focus on results and ability to meet (short) deadlines;
- Excellent proposal writing skills and reporting capacity;
- Track record of successful humanitarian program applications. Experience with ECHO proposal development and/or project management is required;
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building in resource mobilization is an advantage;
- Experience working with the Dutch Relief Alliance (DRA) and SHO (Giro555) is an asset;
- Experience in developing and managing gender related programs;
- Ability to communicate fluently in Dutch and English, both written and spoken, French is an asset;
- Ability and willingness to travel to project countries often on a short notice;
- You enjoy working with others, you are used to taking the lead.
- You are Results driven, you keep oversight easily and you are flexible.
- You have excellent Planning and Organizing skills
- Stress Resistant
Candidate is a multi-tasker who is result driven and capable of keeping focus under time-pressure, takes decisions independently, operates with a team spirit, ambitious and meanwhile firm and precise in developing quality proposals in limited time.
- Plan provides a position in an international environment.
- Plan Nederland offers employees a solid benefits package with a salary of maximum €3.650 gross per month, for 35 hours per week, depending on background and experience.
- Plan has a good pension scheme, 25 holidays, group health insurance and training opportunities within the job and for personal growth.
Informeren en solliciteren
For questions about this position please contact Melle Brinkman, Head of DRM (0031-20-549 5518). Use this link to upload your cover letter and CV. Deadline to respond is 19 August 2018. Interviews are scheduled in the week of 20th of August, 2018, but if interesting candidates present themselves, we might start interviews before the closing date. The envisioned start date for this position is asap. Child safety is essential for Plan Netherlands. Plan Netherlands does not accept any form of abuse. This issue is discussed in our recruitment procedures.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
►Vacature ingevuld? Laat het ons weten via email@example.com, dan nemen we je nieuwe collega op in onze rubriek Movers.