Organisatie: Oxfam Novib
Aantal uren: 36 uur
Locatie: Den Haag
Vervaldatum: 27 september
Oxfam Novib is a leading, global development organization that mobilizes the power of people against poverty.
The Institutional Funding and Donor Relations unit is looking for:
Home Donor Account Manager, location: The Hague, 36 hours a week.
The position operates together with internal and external stakeholders and is considered specialist on Dutch institutional donors, including the Dutch Government and Dutch Embassies (also referred to as “Home Donors”. The position reports directly to the Manager Institutional Funding and Donor Relations.
To support the organisation in maintaining and increasing its work Oxfam Novib sets ambitious growth targets on income. The Institutional Funding and Donor Relations unit in The Hague is a team of dedicated institutional funding and compliance experts that are supporting the organization in reaching its ambitions through effective engagement and partnership building with its institutional donors whilst safeguarding compliance.
As a Home Donor Account Manager, you will deliver professional services to optimize institutional donor funding, partnership development and cooperation through identifying, sharing and coordinating institutional donor intelligence, networking and strategic engagement and positioning.
This position will coordinate with the other Home Donor Account Manager. The home donors include the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other Ministries, their Agencies, other institutional funds, Dutch Embassies and foundations (in case of restricted funding). Together they form the focal point of these donors for Oxfam Novib and the Oxfam confederation.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- (Pro) actively identifies funding opportunities with the target institutional donors for our programmes. You will do so by showcasing and sharing expert knowledge of the donors’ funding modalities, ways of working, policies, strategies and planning cycles to the organisation and countries in which we operate. As such you will support teams at The Hague and country level to maximise and prioritise the upcoming opportunities for the Donor you are responsible for.
- In coordination with the other Home Donor Account Manager, builds up and maintains a network of contacts and partnership relations with the Home Donors in The Netherlands and in the Countries where Oxfam Novib operates.
- You will keep Oxfam teams up to date with trends and other related intelligence gathered through your partnership engagement with the home donors and will support the Country Offices in establishing strategic linkages and strengthen their strategic positioning with the Dutch Embassies.
- Income retention and growth. Supports the organization in meeting its institutional donor funding target.
- Supports Oxfam Novib Thematic Units with the implementation of their funding strategies as part of their business plan. Together with the other Home Donor Account Manager keeps up to date the Home Donor Funding Strategy.
- Oxfam Novib operates within a larger confederation. As such you will coordinate institutional funding initiatives within Oxfam Novib and wider Oxfam and when applicable with other NGOs and participate in meetings when required.
- Quality and compliance. You will provide expert advice to the Country Offices and Oxfam Novib implementing units in The Hague as to how to adhere to donor requirements with regard to donor fund applications and project management and to maintain up-to-date knowledge and relationships with the donor agencies. You also provide (donor compliance) quality and risk assessment advice to senior management of specific submissions and reports to donors in collaboration with the IFDR compliance Unit.
- Bid coordination. When necessary, you will support Country Offices and Oxfam Novib Thematic Units in bid coordination for the development of strategic bids related to the Home Donor Account.
- You are flexible and able to provide support to other Accounts (EU, Nordic, Humanitarian, Oxfam confederation donors on needs basis).
Functie-eisen en profiel
Technical skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- At least an HBO (Bachelor) degree relevant to the function.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar position in an international organisation.
- Good knowledge of and experience in institutional fundraising for NGOs from institutional donors.
- Proven knowledge, fundraising and contract management experience with the donor account. Proven examples of working with and raising funds from the donor account as well as experience with its rules and regulations is a prerequisite for this function. Proven experience but not limited to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other Ministries, Netherlands Enterprise Agency, large foundations/funds in The Netherlands and Dutch embassies.
- Good knowledge of the Dutch Cooperation strategy and the Dutch Embassy network.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of project and programme management preferably gained through experience in the field or through regular missions, as well as experience and knowledge of Project Cycle Management, including monitoring, technical and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritise, meet deadlines, and hold self and others to account.
- Proven experience in representing an organisation to institutional donors at senior level. Strong networking, representational, and negotiation skills; Experience in providing training, including from a distance, preferably on institutional funding related issues.
- Good communication skills, with proven ability to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including from a distance.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken. A reasonable command of French is a strong asset. For Donor Accounts involving Dutch Ministries and Embassies, command of Dutch is considered a strong asset.
- Regular travels abroad are expected for this position.
- The key competencies for this position are: Result orientation, Co-operation, Planning & Organization, Customer orientation, Creativity and Enterprise.
- Oxfam Novib provides you with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donor.
- We offer a gross salary in the range from € 2.719, -- to € 4.183, -- based on a 36-hour working week. This is excl. 8% holiday allowance.
- The contract will be for a period of 1 year with the possibility for an extension.
Informeren en solliciteren
Are you interested? Please upload your application via the 'apply' button that you can access with this link, no later than September 27th, 2018. For questions you can contact Julien Marx, Manager IFDR, Julien.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly note that we don't process applications that we receive by email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must be nationals of a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
►Vacature ingevuld? Laat het ons weten via email@example.com, dan nemen we je nieuwe collega op in onze rubriek Movers.