Organisatie: Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy (NIMD)
Aantal uren: 32-38 uur
Locatie: Den Haag
Vervaldatum: 4 september
The Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy (NIMD) works to promote peaceful, just and inclusive politics worldwide. To that end, we work with the entire political sector in a country, from aspiring politicians to political leaders, and from national to local level. Currently, we run programmes in more than 20 countries in Africa, Latin America, Southeast Asia, the MENA region and the Eastern European Neighbourhood. Our approach across all these programmes is unique and characterized by dialogue: we bring actors from across the political spectrum together. We work on their knowledge and competences, and empower them to cooperate in a constructive manner on issues that affect them, their country and the broader region.
The head office of NIMD is located in the political heart of the Netherlands: The Hague. Here we have a strong and committed international staff of around 30 people who support NIMD’s global programming and our network of 20 country offices and implementing partners. Our culture is informal and open, and encourages initiative, professionalism and interaction. We strive to be the leading centre for political practitioners on inclusive and accountable politics.
Currently we are looking for a new Fundraising Coordinator/Senior Business Developer. This position operates within the Knowledge and Strategic Relations team, and acts as advisor to the Management Team.
FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR/SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPER
32-38 hours a week
32-38 hours a week
The Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the implementation of the NIMD fundraising and positioning strategy. This strategy focuses on business lead development for a combination of government, multilateral and private funding opportunities linked to the NIMD mission. The work consists of overall strategic coordination, donor relationship building, and prospect identification, but also the maintenance of the fundraising library, developing presentations and pitches, and coordinating and actively contributing to proposal development and writing. The position also includes elements of lobby and advocacy, and the positioning of NIMD in relevant international settings such as the EU and UN in cooperation with other team members.
We are looking for a dynamic and strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset, who is hands-on and boasts excellent interpersonal and writing skills. You have solid experience in business development and fundraising processes, obtained in either the private or public sector. You can enthuse people and coordinate ad hoc teams for proposal development, but are also comfortable lobbying by yourself on the international stage. You want to work in a vibrant organisation with international outlook, and you are committed to making a positive contribution to achieving inclusive politics and peaceful societies worldwide.
Main tasks & responsibilities
· Implement and coordinate the overall fundraising and positioning strategy.
· See to quality assurance of the business development process from inception of a new idea or a call for tender, to the signing of new funding contracts.
· Maintain relations and expand the network of funders, in close liaison with Executive Director, Head of Knowledge and Strategic Relations, and Head of Programmes.
· Maintain and expand operational fundraising library, related to both donor information and NIMD approaches/description of interventions.
· Work closely with NIMD country offices, implementing partners, and programme managers to support national and regional fundraising efforts.
· Represent NIMD in relevant international networks and settings and contribute to NIMD’s positioning as leading institute in our field.
Key performance indicators (targets to be agreed)
· Enlargement and diversification of the overall NIMD funding base.
· Increased awareness and recognition of NIMD with major funders.
· Efficient coordination of high quality and successful proposal development.
· Initiation of new and innovative ideas for business development and positioning.
Qualifications and experience
· At least a Master’s Degree (academic or applied sciences) in a relevant field.
· At least ten years’ working experience in a relevant field.
· At least five years’ experience in business development and/or fundraising.
· Demonstrable experience in securing (large) funding agreements, contracts or subsidies.
· Experience in working with relevant funders, in particular the European Union, European governments and private foundations.
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and writing skills.
· Fluent in English, especially written; knowledge of French is a clear advantage.
We offer a position for 32-38 hours at the NIMD head office in The Hague for at least until the end of 2020. Moderate international travel is part of this position.
You will work under the guidance of the Head of Knowledge and Strategic Relations and in close collaboration with the Communications Team and the Programme and Projects team.
NIMD offers a competitive remuneration package and benefits including a laptop and mobile phone. The annual salary, based on full-time employment of 38 hours, links to the Dutch Government BBRA for Scale 11 (€3.300-4.700 per month fulltime), depending on experience.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications and a CV to email@example.com latest 3 September 2018.
Additional information can be obtained by contacting Mr. Wouter Dol, Head of Knowledge & Strategic Relations via firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Marjolein Baljon, HR advisor via email@example.com or 070-3115464
Applicants must be have a valid work permit for the European Union.
►Vacature ingevuld? Laat het ons weten via firstname.lastname@example.org, dan nemen we je nieuwe collega op in onze rubriek Movers.