Aantal uren: 36 uur
Vervaldatum: 31 mei
Simavi works towards a healthy life for all. Good health is the basis of everything. It enables you to develop yourself socially and economically, take matters into your own hands and pursue your dreams. With good health, you can look after yourself and your family and lift yourself out of poverty. Simavi is an ambitious, growing development organisation. Our head office is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with local representatives in most of the countries where we work. In partnership with local civil society organisations, we improve the health of marginalised communities in the poorest regions in developing countries in Africa and Asia. Together with local communities, the private sector, knowledge institutes and governments we address Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) as well as the basic need for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). We believe that those two themes are the basic determinants for a good health. We campaign to engage the general public and involve them in what we do. In 2017, we have restructured our organisation. We introduced an agile style of working. Moving away from a hierarchical organisation into a ‘flat’ circles based organisation. Each employee has one or more roles, which may vary in time. The roles are grouped into eight functional circles, each with a specific purpose.
We are looking for a new Director Fundraising & Communication. In this exciting and challenging position, you are responsible to ensure Simavi receives sufficient funding from private donors, foundations and companies to support Simavi’s mission based on Simavi’s Theory of Change. Next to this, you will create awareness for our programmes and brand through excellent communications. The Director Fundraising & Communication reports directly to the Managing Director.
In this challenging position your key roles are: Circle Lead and Career Coach to the Fundraising & Communication team, Strategist, Fundraisers (mainly B2B), Ambassador’s manager and PR and Internal Communications manager. Together with the Circle Fundraising & Communications you are responsible to deliver the following:
Development and realisation of comprehensive fundraising and communications strategies in line with Simavi ‘s Vision, Mission and Theory of Change.
- Develops a fundraising strategy to enable sufficient funding form private and corporate donors in the Dutch market
- Develops an external communications strategy to increase Simavi’s brand awareness and increase mobilisation of their donors and partners
- Develops an internal communications strategy to stimulate employee engagement
- Manages activities of fundraising within the private sector and corporate sector
- Maintains excellent relationships with private and corporate donors, foundations and other strategic partners.
- Scouts opportunities and attracts possible private and corporate donors
- Stimulates and develops innovation of fundraising, organises new proposals and engagement events
- Develops and realises a public relations and media strategy to generate media attention
- Responsible for development of excellent content for Simavi’s online and offline channels and media (i.e. website)
- Initiates and maintains relationships with journalists and influencers
- Acts as 1st spokesperson for Simavi
- Is responsible for involvement of ambassadors with our work
- Develops annual plan for interacting/exposure with ambassadors
- Facilitates internal activities aligning with Simavi’s mission ‘A Healthy Life for all’
- Ensures employees are aligned to Simavi’s brand identity through internal branding activities (i.e. brand pitch, brand book, on-boarding new employees, Live Our Values))
- Creates and maintains internal communication platforms for the purpose of informing and knowledge sharing amongst all employees
Functie-eisen en profiel
- Academic level with minimum of 5 years’ experience in a comparable position in a non-profit organisation;
- Experience and track record in (leading) fundraising & communications;
- Good networker and excellent communicator;
- Exceptional interpersonal, representational and diplomacy skills;
- Eye for detail, application of strong financial rigor, discretion and integrity;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch;
- Representative spokesperson;
- Dutch citizen or in possession of legal entitlement to live and work in the Netherlands;
- Preparedness to travel occasionally to other countries.
- An interesting and challenging position in an agile and dynamic international working environment, with substantial personal freedom;
- A one year contract with possibility for extension;
- A gross monthly salary between €3.963,- and €5.842,- on a fulltime basis of 36 hours per week;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions;
- Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 2 minutes’ walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk.
Informeren en solliciteren
If you have any questions, please contact Dux International, Marjolein Wiersum via email@example.com or visit our website: www.simavi.nl (Dutch) or www.simavi.org (English). When you are interested in this position, we are happy to receive your motivation and CV via firstname.lastname@example.org, a.t.t.n. Marjolein Wiersum, subject ‘Simavi’.
►Vacature ingevuld? Laat het ons weten via email@example.com, dan nemen we je nieuwe collega op in onze rubriek Movers.