Organisatie: Free Press Unlimited
Aantal uren: 32 uur
Vervaldatum: 10 augustus
Journalists and media pioneers around the world take it upon themselves to provide reliable information to their audiences. In over forty countries, Free Press Unlimited supports these professionals with training, emergency aid and capacity building. So that as many people as possible obtain and retain access to the information they so desperately need. For most people in the world, access to reliable information is not a given. Everyone needs independent information in order to survive and develop. For more information, visit www.freepressunlimited.org.
The Copywriter/Communications Officer contributes to the implementation of the communication policy, is the editor of our communications material and helps with other communication activities such as organising events. You write English-language stories and articles, collect stories (story gathering), support the 'stories to tell' project and are responsible for our English-language e-mail newsletter. You work in the Communication department of Free Press Unlimited. This department, which consists of five employees who work closely together, is responsible for the positioning of Free Press Unlimited, external communication and (private) fundraising. You work together with internal project staff and external copywriters, translators and photographers. Your role:
- Writing and editing English (web) texts for the most diverse forms of digital and written communications;
- The development and continuous updating of English communication materials, such as (online) newsletters, articles for annual reports, advertisements and brochures;
- Keeping the English section of the website and social media up-to-date;
- Drawing up schedules, monitoring deadlines;
- Story gathering and support of the 'stories to tell' project;
- Support for campaigns, events (Free Press Live) and other communication activities.
Functie-eisen en profiel
We are looking for someone:
- With a (University of Applied Science) degree in Communication or Journalism or other relevant study programme;
- With at least three years relevant work experience;
- With an affinity for journalism and online media;
- With excellent knowledge of English (preferably native speaker) and good command of Dutch;
- Who can write error-free English texts and edit well;
- Who has strong organisational skills, is pro-active, works well under stress and is creative.
- We are offering you a place in a young, dynamic and international environment.
- You will work at our Free Press Unlimited office, located in the heart of Amsterdam.
- Depending on knowledge and experience, the salary will be approximately € 3,000 - € 4,000 gross per month for a 38-hour work week.
- Free Press Unlimited has a good pension plan, offers 25 days leave per year (on a full-time basis) and a travel allowance (public transport rates).
Informeren en solliciteren
Has the above sparked your interest? Then please mail your covering letter, CV (in PDF-format) and an article of up to 500 words, written by you in English, to: email@example.com attn. Lydia Stilma (head of communication ad interim) before 10 August, subject: 'vacancy copywriter/communications officer'. If an suitable internal candidate applies, the application process may be closed sooner.
►Vacature ingevuld? Laat het ons weten via firstname.lastname@example.org, dan nemen we je nieuwe collega op in onze rubriek Movers.