Organisatie: World Press Photo
Aantal uren: 40 uur
Vervaldatum: 20 september
The World Press Photo Foundation believes in the power of showing and the importance of seeing high-quality visual stories. Our purpose is to connect the world to the stories that matter. We create and support the conditions that make possible the stories that matter.
We showcase stories that make people stop, feel, think, and act. We encourage diverse accounts of the world that present stories with different perspectives. We exhibit those stories to a worldwide audience, educate the profession and the public on their making, and encourage debate on their meaning. We are a global platform connecting professionals and audiences through trustworthy visual journalism and storytelling.
We are looking for a
Communications and Project Manager
(40 hours a week)
The Communication and Engagement Team is currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to work with us as a Communications and Engagement Project Manager. All members of the team contribute to the development of the foundation’s communications strategy and help explore and execute new communications and engagement initiatives. The successful candidate will demonstrate the initiative and skills to meet these challenges.
In addition to contributing to the foundation’s communications strategy and engagement initiatives, you will work with and support the director and members of the Communications and Engagement Team by:
· Developing and executing media strategy, and co-organizing high-level events and major media announcements, for the results of the World Press Photo Contests, the Awards Show, and the World Press Photo Festival;
· Preparing and producing media releases and media kits to showcase our contest winners, education programs, and festival;
· Developing general communications and branding materials to promote the foundation and its activities;
· Writing and posting original content for a global audience of millions on our social media channels and websites;
· Responding effectively to public inquiries, partner needs, and media requests;
· Helping manage our databases of photos, videos, and international contacts;
· Analyzing and reporting on media coverage and social media engagement to ensure our messages are engaging our audience;
· Participating in research projects by collecting and examining developments in communications, media, visual journalism, and storytelling.
· Proven experience of several years in communications and events in an international context, preferably in a communication agency, or the cultural or NGO sector;
· Bachelor’s degree in the humanities or social sciences;
· Creative, high-energy individual who thrives in a challenging and fast-paced environment;
· Self-starting, well organized, flexible and able to manage stress;
· Impeccable spelling and grammar proficiency and thorough proofreading skills with a consistent eye for detail;
· Team player with strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills;
· Fluency in both spoken and written Dutch and English;
· Broad general knowledge, with knowledge of and an interest in media, photography and visual journalism;
· Proficiency in communications programs and tools such as Salesforce, Cision, and MailChimp, with skills in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Illustrator desirable;
· Living in or close to Amsterdam.
What we offer
The World Press Photo Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization, based in Amsterdam, with 28 staff in the organization. There are five people in the Communications and Engagement team.
We offer a position with a variety of tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic working atmosphere. You will get the chance to work with colleagues across the organization on maintaining and developing the communications and media profile of the foundation and all its activities worldwide.
We would like you to start mid-October 2018, for a period of 7 months, ending 31 May 2019. This is a maternity replacement and a full-time position for 40 hours per week, with working hours that are somewhat flexible depending on deadlines.
Information and application
The World Press Photo Foundation wants to enhance the diversity of its workforce. We do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of age, gender, nationality, race or ethnic origin, religion, or sexual orientation. We encourage applications that can make the organization a better reflection of global society.
This position is only open to EU citizens or individuals with an existing, valid work permit for the EU.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact David Campbell, Director of Communications and Engagement, or Erik Jager, Director of Human Resources: +31(0)20-6766096, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please respond in English before 20 September by filling out the application form. Be sure to submit both your CV and a letter of motivation (both as PDF documents). You can start your application by clicking the following link: application form.
►Vacature ingevuld? Laat het ons weten via email@example.com, dan nemen we je nieuwe collega op in onze rubriek Movers.